Human Resources Administrator
Times: Monday-Thursday 8:30-4:30
Our Client is a Canadian nation-wide registered charitable organization. Today, the Association continues to serve all Canadians in need including children.
The Incumbent must have superior understanding of the organizational goals and policies. The Incumbent must manage and administer the H.R. Department. Plan, organize, control the personnel functions and maintain a line of communication with managers, and supervisors as required. Act on behalf of the Chief Operating Officer in any confidential matters as required. To ensure the quality and accuracy of representation within the area of responsibility with company policy by performing the following duties.
- Produce all confidential material and reports as required
- Development and implementation of policies
- Make recommendations to the COO as to future personnel policy direction
- Revise and maintain Employee Handbook to reflect changes in organizational and legislative policies
- Respond to Salary Questionnaires and provide Salary Analysis for COO
- Provide information for managers and supervisors on Employment Standards, Human Rights Commission standards and Workplace Safety and Insurance Boards etc…
- Ensure legality of employment procedures and forms
- Participate in the performance and/or disciplinary interviews as required by the individual’s Manager or Supervisor
- Ensure the policy and procedures dictated by management are made known to all employees and enforced
- Orientation of all new hires, including Letter of Offer, Payroll Notification, Employee Handbook and Employee Benefits program
- To liaise with Benefits Providers on behalf of the employees concerning enrollment changes and problems with benefits
- Represent management by listening and responding if appropriate, to all staff regarding their concerns. All problems that cannot be resov3ed by this function to be escalated to the COO to decide if action is necessary
- Develop and maintain position description
- Studies and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of team members
- Ensures all correspondence created without the assistance of standard letters or letters containing several changes are approved by the Manager
- Available to assist team members with donor enquire and be prepared to handle telephone enquires which need to be escalated or require specialized handling.
- Report on fluctuation in personnel requirements, which will also encompass the hiring or termination process
- Prepare annual “Salary Survey Report” and current “Consumer Price Index” for COO in accordance with company policy for the annual salary increases
- Discipline team members as required, and submit documentation detailing same
- Report to Manager or Supervisors any recommendations or anticipated or encountered problems
- Undertake other responsibilities and request as they arise
- Must have 2+ years in a similar role dealing with Sr. Management
- Post Secondary education
- Previous experience with a charitable organization is an asset
- Strong Writing, Reading and Communicating skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations
- Ability to write and create reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Managers, Customers and the general public
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical reasoning
Please send your resume in confidence (in MS Word format) to email@example.com referencing Job ID#7600 in the subject line of your application.
Access Career Solutions Inc. is an equal opportunity employer who welcomes resumes from all interested parties. We thank all candidates in advance for your interest; however, only those selected for a pre-screen and/or an interview will be contacted.